Parents become champions of change when they see what’s possible through the eyes, hands, and screens of their children!
Gary Stager and his CMK Futures teammates love working with children and their parents. These hands-on and minds-on workshops create exciting learning experiences in which parents come to value learning-by-making. The emphasis is on action, creative expression, and hard fun! Parents who participate in these workshops become advocates for classroom making and project-based learning.
Teachers may participate and even bring their own kids. Schools only need to provide a small number of laptop or desktop computers, a projector and screen.
We provide all of the materials necessary for learning centers featuring the following maker activities:
- Cardboard construction
- Wearable computing and e-Textiles (make interactive clothes and jewelry with LEDs, conductive thread and more!)
- Arduino microcontrollers
- LEGO WeDo robotics
- Art, mathematics, and computer programming via Turtle Art
- Interactive paper craft
- Scratch, Tickle, and Snap! programming languages
- Floor turtles
- littleBits and other electronic construction kits
- Hummingbird robotics construction kits
- Make your own computer with the Raspberry Pi
Family-friendly versions of our Electrifying Mathematics Education workshops are also available. Discounted copies of the book, Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom may be provided for parents.
Complete the contact form below to discuss hosting an exciting family workshop!